Marvelous Sideboard from Decotique. A modern and elegant sideboard in Scandinavian design. With Marvelous sideboard, you get two functions in the same furniture - a practical countertop and a space for storage. The sideboard is stable with a metal frame that is fitted with two static shelves and a marble top. Marvelous is perfect for placing in the hallway, or why not in the bedroom where it can be decorated with stylish interior items to increase the atmosphere of the room.Characteristics
- Made of lacquered metal
- Marble top
- Clean the surface with a damp cloth
Important information about marble
Marble is a porous and living stone material which means that pattern and colour changes can occur, each top is therefore unique. In order for the marble to maintain its beautiful surface, it is important to treat it carefully and follow the recommended care advice. Keep in mind that a polished marble top has a certain repellent effect on liquids, but despite this, it has a greater tendency to get visible etchings and matt spots when it comes in contact with acidic substances, compared to a matte marble top. We take no responsibility for any damage that may occur, all use of marble is at own risk.
- Marble is very sensitive to acidic liquids such as juice, wine and acidic cleaners, but also coffee, tea and soft drinks can cause the surface to be etched.
- Marble can also absorb and get dark discolouration of oils or water during prolonged contact.
- Always use underlays under porcelain, glass and hot pans.
- Always clean immediately with a cloth or sponge when spilling to prevent damage to the marble.
- Clean the stone top with a solution of water and a PH neutral soap and then wipe with a dry cloth.
- Do not use detergents containing acid, vinegar, bleach, ammonia or other general purpose cleaners.
- Impregnating marble is highly recommended. Sewing machine oil is not recommended as it darkens the stone.
- Please note that the best way to treat stains or etching depends on the surface and colour of the marble and the substance that has caused the damage. Ask an expert for advice for your marble top.
Taroli - What is it?
Marble is a natural material that has been shaped in the bedrock for 140 million years, and when extracting the stone, it may occur small bubbles that have been formed which are usually a few millimetres in diameter. These gas bubbles are called Taroli and are usually refilled and sealed to the extent possible. You always want to preserve the stone's natural design and charm, which also means that there may be smaller water crystals formed naturally by the water that has flowed through the bedrock all these years.